/'' http-equiv='refresh'/> You Should Believe Me !: A Long Walk With Your Eyes Closed

Wednesday 28 October 2015

A Long Walk With Your Eyes Closed




The person I see with my eyes open has come a long way since yesterday. Since all she knew was herself and her needs. Since all she did was keep an account of what did world owes her.

It's been a long road since those yesterdays. Since when I was a girl, since I spoke like a girl. Since I sat at the bottom of the table, since my mind was a mustard seed.

It's a long way ahead to the woman I see with my eyes closed though.

Who do you see with your eyes closed? who do you see with your eyes open?

With my eyes closed I see her, I feel her, I smell her, I can't wait to be her.

Who are you with your eyes closed? Who do you smell when you close your eyes?

Do you think there is a need to see with your eyes closed,? Is it something you think you should do?  I think strongly think so.



I think you should be very proud of the person you have become. Be proud of the many trials that did not kill you, but made you stronger instead.



Be proud of the many stripes you got from the lions claws when you went to battle. You fought and came out strong

Be proud of the times you had to cry to yourself, listen to yourself and encourage yourself.

Be proud of the person these things gave birth to.




Be unsatisfied.

Be unsatisfied and refuse to accept the now as the forever.

Be unsatisfied and chose to make the tomorrow even better




Be afraid.

Be afraid of what your pride can do to you

Be afraid of what your satisfaction can cost you

Be afraid of how the rose coloured lenses can blind you

Be afraid of how the comfort can choke you


Be thankful, for everything, be anxious for nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment