/'' http-equiv='refresh'/> You Should Believe Me !: How can I stand out without “notice me”?

Monday 26 October 2015

How can I stand out without “notice me”?




Amebo, notice-me, I-too-know. So many names readily available to call the person that has chosen to stand out from the crowd. But then again is it not the burning desire of everyone to stand out and be different? Of course it is. I think then the challenge is not standing out, it is standing out and staying organic, standing out and staying true to you. 

I think one of the greatest paradoxes in life is that we are required to show ourselves without showing ourselves off. We are required to be noticed without drawing attention, we are supposed to be seen without too much showmanship.

But precisely how then, any right thinking person will ask. Well I wish I were all-knowing but unfortunately I am not, but from the much I know and have seen, I think I could share with you some ways I have seen people use successfully, and I have used as well. Please feel free to share in the comments your own methods as well. Honestly, this is a dilemma for me too.


1.       Show yourself by showing what you have and not what you say you have. I think one of the most disappointing experiences of my childhood is opening and empty tin of milk, or worse still a tin of filled with detergent or anything else except milk.
If you claim to have something, people will set high expectations, and you fail to impress, they might never ever give you that opportunity ever again.  Be sure of what you carry, content always produces value which in turn attracts attention. But of course, please sell yourself by all means.

2.       Be noticed without drawing attention. A true lady knows that the best way to get attention is by having every qualification to, but refusing to seek attention. Attention is just one of those things you command and never seek. Qualify yourself for it and stay in anticipation. But the cardinal rule is never seek it. Never, ever!

3.       Be seen without too much showmanship. If a peacock is standing a kilometer from you and an ant is sitting right on your nose, who will you notice first? Positioning. No I am not asking you to sit on peoples’ noses but position yourself properly.


No matter how much of a show you put up, if you do not have content, you do not qualify and then you are not properly positioned, like in the parable that says “notice me or I quench” get ready to quench because you really are not going anywhere

Please do share your own tips on this as well. I need to learn here too:) 

1 comment:

  1. Very instructive write up...being outstanding and maintaining an excellent spirit will help us as individuals to stand out without necessarily showing off. #My 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete