/'' http-equiv='refresh'/> You Should Believe Me !: YOU WON'T GET ON THAT FLIGHT WITH ALL THAT LUGGAGE - Sorting Your Life Out

Monday 2 November 2015

YOU WON'T GET ON THAT FLIGHT WITH ALL THAT LUGGAGE - Sorting Your Life Out





They say life is a journey, so I suppose you have to bring your luggage along. Your shoes, your toothbrush, everything.

But here's the thing with this particular trip called life, there's no return ticket. It's a one-way journey that keeps on going. So how then do we return excess baggage we accidentally packed to a safe place at home?

You don't get to, trash it and move on. 


One too many times, you see that lady with excess luggage at the airport. No, not the one who can afford it. This lady can't afford it. So what does she do?  She tries to get someone to carry for her.

Well, in the terminal of life (almost like at the airport), everyone has their luggage.  No one is ordinarily ready to help you carry yours,  only people who 'travel lite'. 

But then again, at some point, they might help you take your excess across the 'mountains and the sea' but they will eventually have to hand it back to you.
There's no escaping it, in life you have to carry your own luggage.

"But Omonye,  what do I do?  I left home already and the excess is in my suitcase. Like you said,  there's no return ticket to the past. What do I do? "

Well,  there are two things you can do. You could decide to drop it and move on, or you drop it and move on (actually that's one thing).

I recently had a heartfelt conversation with a friend. In many different words,  he simply made me realise that people will identify you by your past because that's the only evidence they have. You have to introduce yourself as you would like to be addressed in the present and future.

You won't get on that flight with all that excess luggage I assure you.  You won't become a better person with all that bitterness. You won't excel with all that self-doubt. You won't find yourself if you aren't even willing to search.

Nobody in their right mind will bet for someone who already bet against themselves.

About that excess baggage. What is more important?  The flight taking you to your destination?  Or that extra suitcase of yams and extra shoes.

I'm not sure how you see it,  but I know exactly what I know. I'd rather land at my destination without any luggage at all,  than sit at the airport forever simply because of one irrelevant piece of extra luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment